Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms, including our funding application form, on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you send a general enquiry, funding application, online voting, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer, financial information and personal or job description.
Information we collect about you
With regard to visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from third parties such as professional fundraising organisations or your employer. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- Review funding applications.
- Carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us in relation to donations, for example the supplier of goods, equipment or services that the donation is purchasing.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Promote donations awarded by the Axis Foundation.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information:
- To provide you with news and updates regarding our charity and other support we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us.
- To provide you, or permit a charity partner to provide you, with information about services that we (or that charity) feel may be of interest you.
Information we collect about you
Examples of how we will use this information include (but are not limited to);
- To administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our services, site and premises safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- The Axis Foundation Trustees who review all applications before an award decision.
- Our Marketing Team; if your application is successful and funding or other support is awarded, we will ask for your permission to publish details about your charity/cause, benefactors, detail related to the funding including purchased goods or services etc on our website and social media platforms.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will keep your information within the ‘organisation’ except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you. We have data agreements in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the Data Protection Laws your rights are:
To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten in some cases.
Restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
Data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided below:
FAO Charity Secretary, Axis, 145 – 149 Vauxhall Street, London SE11 5RH. Or email email@example.com